Wisconsin TechConnect User Agreement
Wisconsin TechConnect is a statewide, online employment information system for recruiting Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) students and graduates for all types of employment, including internships/co-ops. Wisconsin TechConnect is a collaborative effort of Wisconsin’s 16 technical colleges. The Site is operated and funded by the Wisconsin TechConnect Consortium of the WTCS schools. Wisconsin TechConnect is a free service, although not a public service. Wisconsin TechConnect services are exclusive to WTCS students and graduates who register with their local technical college for employment services, and to employers/staffing agencies/third-party recruiters recruiting for position openings at the associate degree and technical diploma levels, or for general miscellaneous employment openings for students.
Access to and use of the Wisconsin TechConnect Website are provided subject to the following terms and conditions. Please read these terms and conditions carefully: Clicking the “I Accept” button when prompted and using the Site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Acceptable Use of Website
- General for All Users
- Job Seekers
- Employers, Staffing Agencies, and Third-Party Recruiters
- Entrepreneurial/Independent Consultant Opportunities
- Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
- Choice of Law (Jurisdiction)
- Duty to Continue Provision of Data
- External Links
- No Guarantee of Results
- Warranties and Accuracy of Data
- Legal Notice
- Privacy Notice
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes within the stated context of Wisconsin TechConnect’s intended and acceptable use of the Site. It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of the Site complies with all terms and conditions. The following terms and conditions apply to all users:
- The Site may be used only for lawful purposes by eligible individuals seeking employment and by individuals or organizations seeking employees where the conditions/terms of employment do not violate any State and/or Federal laws or Executive Orders.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password, as well as for all uses of your Wisconsin TechConnect registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to notify Wisconsin TechConnect immediately of any unauthorized use of your registration and password by emailing the Wisconsin TechConnect Webmaster.
- The following are strictly prohibited:
- Impersonating another person, living or dead
- Conveying false, inaccurate, or misleading information
- Providing information that is defamatory, threatening, harassing, or obscene
- Anything that is sexually explicit, obscene, libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, or hateful; or embarrassing or offensive to another person
- Providing information that knowingly contains a virus or engaging in activities that may compromise, threaten, defeat, or violate the security or any feature of this Site without limitation
- Accessing, deleting, or editing any information posted by another individual or organization or logging into an account that you are not authorized to access
- Using the Site for commercial purposes relating to products or services, advertisements, or solicitations of business
- Using the Site for purposes other than for which it is intended
- Unauthorized linking to the Site
In addition to the General Acceptable Use of Site above, the following terms and conditions also apply to job seekers:
- Wisconsin TechConnect hereby grants you the privilege of nonexclusive terminable rights to access the Site for your personal use to seek employment opportunities for yourself - that is to say for your own individual job search. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material from the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use.
- You are also authorized to upload your résumé for the system to match with employers’ position postings. By releasing your résumé, any employer utilizing Wisconsin TechConnect has the right to directly call, email, or send you information. Please note that job seekers are fully and solely responsible for the content and accuracy of posted résumés. You are held responsible for providing accurate information on your résumé, as well as for editing, proofing, and keeping it current. Wisconsin TechConnect will not review, proof, advise, or rank any résumé posted to the website.
Wisconsin TechConnect hereby grants you nonexclusive terminable rights to access the Site only for your internal business use to seek applicants for employment. In addition to the General Acceptable Use of Site above, the following terms and conditions also apply to employers, staffing agencies, and third-party recruiters:
- The conditions/terms of employment for any job you post to Wisconsin TechConnect will not violate any State and/or Federal laws or Executive Orders, including, although not limited to, those cited in User Agreement Section 2-Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity.
- Job postings must be actual, current, individual openings for internships, cooperative education assignments, and/or traditional W-2 or 1099 employees.
- All methods of compensation will guarantee at least minimum wage as required by Federal, Wisconsin State and municipal law. Compensation for tipped occupations must, on average - including both the hourly wage and tips - equal or exceed the legal minimum wage.
- Individuals, staffing agencies, and third-party recruiters that post positions on behalf of or as an agent of another individual or organization will provide the name of the client employer in the section identified for that purpose in Wisconsin TechConnect. (Note: Wisconsin TechConnect will not disclose client employer names to job seekers.) Similar jobs with different client employers may not be aggregated into one job posting. Different positions within one client employer may not be aggregated into one job posting.
- Individuals and organizations using Wisconsin TechConnect to post jobs will not charge a fee or require any monetary compensation from the job seeker.
- Your job posting must contain, within the actual body of the posting, sufficient detail to convey clearly to the job seeker the duties and qualifications of the job opportunity.
- Jobs must be posted a minimum of seven (7) days prior to application deadline, and no more than 90 (ninety) days from the original posting date.
- Your job posting may not contain copyrighted material or trade secrets.
- Job seeker résumés will be matched for each position posting and may not be retained for positions other than the one to which the résumé was initially matched.
- By releasing their résumé, job seekers have agreed that any employer utilizing Wisconsin TechConnect has the right to directly call, email, or send the job seeker information.
- Please note that job seekers are fully and solely responsible for the content and accuracy of posted résumés. Wisconsin TechConnect will not review, proof, advise, or rank any résumé posted to the website
Wisconsin TechConnect hereby grants you nonexclusive terminable rights to access the Site only for your internal business use to seek applicants for entrepreneurial/independent consultant opportunities. In addition to the General Acceptable Use of Site and conditions of 1c. above, the additional terms and conditions that follow also apply to posting employment opportunities for students:
- The conditions/terms of any opportunities you post to Wisconsin TechConnect will not violate any State and/or Federal laws or Executive Orders, including, although not limited to, those cited in User Agreement Section 2-Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity.
- Opportunities must be actual, current, individual opportunities.
- Opportunities must clearly and factually state any and all associated monetary start-up costs or investments required on the part of the job seeker.
- Opportunities must provide the name of the recruiting consultant/contact as well as the associated business product/service, and any and all DBAs.
- Opportunities must contain, within the actual body of the posting, sufficient detail to convey clearly to the job seeker the duties, qualifications, and opportunity/investment costs of money and time, and any other associated fee(s).
- Opportunities must be posted a minimum of seven (7) days prior to the application deadline, and no more than 90 (ninety) days from the original posting date.
- Opportunities may not contain copyrighted material or trade secrets.
The Wisconsin Technical College System is in full compliance with state and federal equal opportunity non-discrimination laws and regulations including Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Equal Pay Act, Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, and Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act, Wisconsin Fair Employment Law, Wisconsin Civil Service Law and Executive Orders, the Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Technical Education Act, Adult Education and Family Literacy Act, Workforce Investment Act, the Office of Civil Rights Guidelines for the Elimination of Discrimination in Vocational Education, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment (ADAA), and/or other applicable state or federal legislation. The WTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, arrest record, conviction record, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, and membership in the National Guard, state defense force or any other reserve component of the military forces of the United States, or this state. Inquiries regarding equal opportunity may be directed to the Wisconsin TechConnect Webmaster.
Construction of the disclaimers and resolution of disputes thereof are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin. The laws of the State of Wisconsin, U.S.A., will apply to all uses of this data and this system. By use of this system and any data contained therein, the user agrees that use will conform to all applicable laws and regulations and user will not violate the rights of any third parties. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of all or part of a provision will not affect the validity of the remaining parts and provisions of these terms and conditions, which will remain in full force and effect. Wisconsin TechConnect makes no claims that the content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries, and such persons have no right to access or use the Site. If you access Wisconsin TechConnect from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
The following definitions apply to these terms and conditions:
- Includes everything on the Site, including but not limited to navigational, instructional, or editorial text; logos, buttons, and all other graphical elements; color, layout, and all design elements on the Site; client- and server-side codes and programming used on the Site; and any documents posted to the Site.
- Eligibility Lists
- Employment potential for job vacancies with city, county, state, federal, or other municipal employers that advertise for the creation of employment eligibility lists as required by recruitment practices conventionally associated with municipal labor union agreements.
- A person or organization accessing the Site to post a job or to do anything for any reason related to the purpose of seeking applicants for temporary, part-time, or full-time employment opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial/Independent Consultant Opportunities
- A person or organization accessing the Site to post an opportunity to do legal activities for legal reasons related to the purpose of recruiting students for temporary, part-time, or full-time general employment opportunities that require any start-up costs or investments of either money or time or both, or that have any fee(s) associated with it.
- A person who has graduated from a WTCS school.
- Job Seeker
- A user who is either a student or graduate of a WTCS school and who is accessing the Site database to search for a job, or who is using the Site in any other capacity to obtain employment for themselves.
- Any and all services provided by Wisconsin TechConnect or its consortium members.
- Staffing agency/third-party recruiters
- A person or organization accessing the Site to post a job or to do anything for any reason related to the purpose of seeking applicants for temporary, part-time, or full-time employment opportunities within the agency/recruiter itself or for placement in a client organization.
- A person who is currently enrolled in and/or attending a Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) school.
- Wisconsin TechConnect
- When used as a noun refers to the Wisconsin TechConnect Consortium, its members, the Wisconsin TechConnect Consortium Steering Committee, and/or the 16 WTCS colleges and its members.
- "Wisconsin TechConnect Website" or the "Site"
- Includes www.wisconsintechconnect.com in its entirety, as well as related Sites owned or operated by Wisconsin TechConnect; includes content, text, graphics, design, programming, documents, and services as applicable in the context of each.
- Any individual or organization that uses any aspect of the Site for any reason.
- "You" and "your"
- The individual job seeker and/or person(s) and or/designated representative(s) authorized to act on behalf of an organization (employer/staffing agency/third-party recruiter) and/or those posting entrepreneurial/independent consultant opportunities, each of whom is thereby bound as a “user” obligated to abide by these terms and conditions.
WisconsinTechConnect.com is a collaborative effort of Wisconsin’s 16 technical colleges. The Site is operated and funded by the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) Statewide Wisconsin TechConnect Consortium. The information on the Site is generated from a variety of sources and is not necessarily provided directly by the Wisconsin TechConnect Consortium, its consortium members, or the WTCS colleges.
Due to the dynamic nature of the Internet, resources that are free and available one day may require a fee or restricted access the next, and the location of items may change as menus, homepages, and files are reorganized. The user expressly agrees that use of the Wisconsin TechConnect Site is at the user's sole risk. The Wisconsin TechConnect Consortium does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error free. The documents and related graphics published on this server could contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. The Wisconsin TechConnect Consortium and/or its respective services may make improvements and/or changes to the information contained herein at any time.
Wisconsin TechConnect is a distributor of content supplied by/made available by users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by said parties, including information providers, users, or others, are those of the respective author(s) and do not state or reflect those of Wisconsin TechConnect, and may not be used for advertising or endorsement purposes. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Wisconsin TechConnect.
Wisconsin TechConnect is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages referenced. The user specifically acknowledges that Wisconsin TechConnect is not liable for the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users, links, or third parties, and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user. Any links from the Wisconsin TechConnect Site on the World Wide Web to other sites do not constitute an endorsement from Wisconsin TechConnect. These links are provided as an information service only. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the content and usefulness of information obtained from other sites.
Neither the State of Wisconsin, the Wisconsin Technical College System, Wisconsin TechConnect, its consortium colleges, nor any of its employees will be held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the information described and/or contained herein and assumes no responsibility for anyone’s use of the information. In no event will the aforementioned be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement or substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this system, even if it is advised of the possibility of such damage. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury, including but not limited to those caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence or under any other cause of action and regardless of whether or not Wisconsin TechConnect is advised of the possibility of such damages. Through your use of the Site, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Wisconsin TechConnect and its agents from and against any claims, actions or demands (including, without limitation, costs, damages, and reasonable legal and accounting fees) alleging or resulting from or in connection with your use of the Site, any document posted by you, any documents retrieved by you, or your breach of these terms and conditions.
Wisconsin TechConnect does not endorse or guarantee job postings placed on Wisconsin TechConnect, nor is it involved in or responsible for the hiring, recruiting, and selection practices of employers, staffing agencies, or third-party recruiters who post jobs on Wisconsin TechConnect. Wisconsin TechConnect assumes no responsibility for documents posted by users and no responsibility for the activities, omissions, or other conduct of users. Job seekers who respond to job postings on Wisconsin TechConnect respond of their own volition and at their own risk. Wisconsin TechConnect is not a staffing agency or recruiting firm. Wisconsin TechConnect is an online employment information system for WTCS students and graduates that advertises job vacancies from employers, staffing agencies, and third-party recruiters, as well as entrepreneurial/independent consultant opportunities. Wisconsin TechConnect makes no representations or guarantees regarding the effectiveness or timeliness of the Site in meeting the employment objectives of users. Wisconsin TechConnect does not guarantee that documents posted on the Site will result in applicants being hired or employment positions being filled. It does not guarantee that jobs posted on the Site are posted exclusive to the Site. Wisconsin TechConnect is not responsible for any employment decisions, based on whatever reasons, made by any user.
Although the information found using the Wisconsin TechConnect system have been produced and processed from sources believed to be reliable, Wisconsin TechConnect makes no representations or warrantees, expressed or implied, regarding the truthfulness, accuracy, completeness, legality, timeliness, usefulness, or reliability of documents posted by users, or of any other form of communication engaged in by users of the Site. This disclaimer applies to both isolated and aggregate uses of the information. Wisconsin TechConnect provides information on an “as is” basis. All warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from contamination by computer viruses and non-infringement of proprietary rights, broken links, inconsistencies, inaccuracies, or grammatical or typographical errors are disclaimed. Changes may be periodically made to the information herein; these changes may or may not be incorporated in any new version of the publication. If you have obtained information from Wisconsin TechConnect or from a source other than Wisconsin TechConnect, be aware that electronic data can be altered subsequent to original distribution. Data can also quickly become out-of-date. It is recommended that careful attention is paid to the contents of any data associated with a file, and that the originator of the data or information be contacted with any questions regarding appropriate use. If you find any errors or omissions, we encourage you to report them to the Wisconsin TechConnect Webmaster.
All information published online by or through Wisconsin TechConnect is subject to change. Wisconsin TechConnect reserves the right to change its terms and conditions at any time and without notice. Changes will be binding on you effective on the date posted on the Site. Your continued use of the Site will be considered acceptance by you of the terms and conditions in place on the date of your use of the Site. Wisconsin TechConnect reserves the right to suspend or terminate user access and use of the Site at its sole discretion, for any reasons including but not limited to Wisconsin TechConnect determination that you are in breach of any of the terms and conditions. Wisconsin TechConnect is the sole interpreter of the Site's intended and acceptable use. Wisconsin TechConnect is not obligated to monitor postings on the Site; however, it may monitor postings and will investigate complaints of inappropriate usage, postings, or conduct. Wisconsin TechConnect is not responsible for errors or damages of any kind resulting from access to its Internet resources. Links to outside Web sites do not constitute an endorsement of those Web sites.
7. Privacy Notice for Employers, Staffing Agencies, and Third-Party Recruiters (Including Those Posting Entrepreneurial/Independent Consultant Opportunities)
Wisconsin TechConnect is committed to respecting and maintaining the privacy of all users who visit our Site. When you entrust Wisconsin TechConnect with information, you can be certain it will be used within our strict guidelines. We will only use your information to send you information that you have requested, disseminate information you have requested us to disseminate, and/or for business originating with us or the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) that relates to helping you connect with potential employment applicants. Job postings and salary information for WTCS program-related job postings will not be shared/made available between employers. Client-employer names associated with job postings by staffing agencies/third-party recruiters will be held confidential. Wisconsin TechConnect reserves the right to comply with legal requirements.
Privacy Notice for Students, Graduates, and Alumni
Wisconsin TechConnect is committed to respecting and maintaining the privacy of all users who visit our Site. When you entrust Wisconsin TechConnect with information, you can be certain it will be used within our strict guidelines. We will only use your personal information (i.e., name, address, phone number, email address, and the like) to send you information that you have requested, disseminate information you have requested us to disseminate, and/or for business originating with us or the Wisconsin Technical College System that relates to helping you connect with potential employment opportunities. Wisconsin TechConnect reserves the right to comply with legal requirements.
If you experience problems accessing anything on this website, or would like to provide comments on how the Site could be more accessible, please contact the Wisconsin TechConnect Webmaster.
Last Revised: 03/27/2012